breakfast


Stove Top Quiche:
Chopped Broccoli
Diced Zucchini
2 scrambled eggs
Cheese
Fresh Tomatoes
any seasoning you like :)


Step 1:  In a 9" skillet (mine is cast iron), turn heat to high and add a tablespoon of olive oil, and a pinch of crushed red pepper. However red pepper is not necessary. If you like it spicy, add more. Any flavoring you like.  Sometimes I am really crazy and add fresh basil or spinach to this dish, but only after I add the vegetables. I use any dark green thing in my garden or refrigerator. It is up to you to create your own personal dish.
Next 2:  Toss in vegetables until they sizzle.
Next 3:  Turn heat to low, and pour eggs over the vegetables.
Next 4:  Add whatever the hell kind of cheese you like and none if you don't.  Personally I like a little Assiago and Feta, it make the dish seem more Quiche like to me.  I have also resorted to Sharp Aged White Cheddar, and let me tell you, it was a very good mistake.
Next 5: Cover and let bake on the stove for approximately 8 minutes.  Actually I'm not really certain how long it will take on you stove.  You may have an electric stove top and you may not be cooking on cast iron at sea level.  But no worries, you can uncover it anytime you like to check your dish.
Next 6: When the cheese is melted and the eggs look firm, it's done.
Next 7: Top with fresh sliced tomatoes, tomatillos, salsa, hot sauce even bacon if you wish.
The secret to this wonderful dish is, you can make it whatever you want.




No comments:

Post a Comment