Soup


  













There is nothing like soup in cold weather.

My soups are never the same, because I use whatever I have on hand, so this is the best recipe for my green tortilla soup. I use Organic ingredients, but do the best you can for your location. I also cook dried beans and make broth to have on hand, but now our stores are filled with so many organic choices.

1 box vegetable or chicken stock (about 4 cups homemade)
2 cups of water
1can of small White beans or 1/2 cup dried beans.
2 Carrots, 3 celery ribs, as many green chilies as you like (I use 5) or 2 small cans, 3 tomatoes or 1 can when tomatoes aren't in season, 3 small potatoes, 2 tblsps Cumin and cayenne pepper to taste. Bring to boil, reduce heat and cover for half an hour. Uncover add 2 small zucchini diced and a half cup of frozen corn. I serve this with Fresh tomatoes (or fresh salsa), Avocado, feta cheese and fried corn tortilla strips. So Yummy! Many more soup recipes to come, share your favorite and EnJoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment